Sunday 13 January 2013

My Black Swan inspiration

Natalie Portman, the character starring in this 2010 film portrays her character as Nina, a ballerina in New York trying to make it big. Produced by Scott Franklin it was released on the 17th of December.
Nina takes part in the famous play 'Swan Lake'. When Nina is casted as the White Swan, after time she starts to get more in touch with her twisted dark side which more likely fits the black swan role.

I particularly chose this movie as inspiration because my thoughts were directed to the black swan dress. It's elegance yet edginess interested me and I think I could incorporate it with the exegerated dresses of the elizabethan era. I think it would be an interesting mix.


This dress was designed by Amy Westcott  whilst the other dresses that were seen in the movie were designed by Laura and Kate Mulleavy which are known for their own line 'Rodarte'.

Another thing which also interested and I would like to incorporate in my design, are the crystals I want to add some more shine to the elizabethan styled dress making it look more modern.
This is a Youtube link which I found very helpful and interesting consirning this issue.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXO_coXVJWs
 
The make-up and costume accesories also interested me, and I wanted to change them up a bit and make them more abstract and plain to make the viewers eye go straightly to the dress.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment